We want to hear how you do it, Moms! Are you a mom in Edmonton, a career mom, a stay-at-home mom, an entrepreneur mom, something somewhere in between? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be profiled!
Tell us about you, your children and where you live
- Jody Spencer/Jocelyn 5 and Cole 4/We live in Edmonton
Do you have help? (incl childcare, housework, personal assistant)
- I do have a housekeeper and the grandparents babysit sometimes in the evening so I can get out and and about. I’ll accept all help offered!
- Reading, I carry a book with me at all times just in case I can sneak in a few pages here and there. I have a Playbook/Kobo but I have always preferred actual books I can hold and lend out to others to enjoy.
Extracurricular activities for you?
- Volunteering with Because Edmonton Cares! We are always happy to have new volunteers join us on outings so if you’re interested in helping some amazing Edmonton charities look us up on Facebook or on Twitter @becauseyegcares.
Extracurricular activities for your babe/children?
- Parks/playgrounds are our best friends in the summer months. John Janzen Nature Centre in the winter months.
What does a typical family day look like to you (Saturday/Sunday)?
- Well I HOPE it would include a sleep-in but that’s pretty iffy. We make a big breakfast, get a few chores done around the house and then usually try to explore our city. And if we’re REALLY lucky Grandma and Grandpa will babysit so Hubs and I can go on a date.
Who cooks dinner?
- Me. But sometimes it’s Chef Dairy Queen or Chef Boston Pizza.
How does the grocery shopping get done, by whom, with the kids, and do you use coupons?
- I do all the grocery shopping and I avoid taking the kids along at all costs. If I do have to take the kids along we power shop and usually end up with only ½ the items I needed. Generally using coupons requires being very orgainzed and I’m lucky if I can remember to actually take my grocery list.
How often do you buy something for yourself?
- Weekly. Though about 85% of those purchases are books!
Do you exercise and if so, how/when do you fit the time in to do that?
- I exercise about 4 times a week. For most workouts I put a movie on for the kids and run downstairs to the treadmill.
I can never have just one but here’s a few of my top favs: Big Fish, Shawshank Redemption, To Kill a Mockingbird, Lord of the Rings, and The Matrix.
Favourite nookie song?
- Who has time to put music on?
Favourite beverage special coffee, cocktail?
- Chai lattes or mojitos
Favourite pair of shoes?
- My Merrel sandles in the summer and Uggs in the winter – both simply for comfort. But if I’m going to get fancy I love a pair of Miz Mooz.
‘Cannot leave home without it’ item?
- My phone! I go into a panic if I realized I’ve left it at home.
Thank you for sharing with all of us Jody! Thanks for being an Urban Infant reader!